Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Insecurities

For our last visual communications assignment, we got to choose between "insecurities" or "artistic expression." Since I didn't even know what "artistic expression" meant, I decided to go with insecurities.

Nothing is more prevalent in today's society than insecurity about self-image. I wanted this to go two different ways. Not only do women who are extremely thin still worry about being "perfect," but even that people view them as too thin and unhealthy.

Anyway, it took me forever to set up because I wanted to get a clean reflection in the mirror. That involved propping up fake walls out of styrofoam... the only problem was that whenever you move your camera angle, the reflection changes.

Many thanks to my model, who is a dancer/photog student and cannot gain wait as hard as she tries. She was telling me that there was one time in high school where she was able to get over 100lbs, and she was ecstatic! She was an awesome model for the shoot!


1 comment:

  1. I love this concept....I would have gone with it to. Nice job, the expression on her face is dead on. Reminds me of a shoot I saw on America's Next Top Model once.

    ReplyDelete