Sunday, October 5, 2008

Norah Jones Assignment

For our class called "Visual Communication," we had to come up with a photograph that captured the essence of Jazz or our interpretation of the song "Seven Years" by Norah Jones. I included the link below if you want to watch/listen to it. So far, this has been the most challenging assignment to come up with the idea for it, but the easiest one to shoot. I had the help of quite a few in coming up with the idea, namely my teacher. I then packed up Shawna Simons, a girl from my Bible Study, and we shot this in about 30 mins, start to finish, not including our stop to get a chocolate ice cream cone. :)

I used a Canon flash held off camera with a portable softbox attached to it to come up with the great lighting effect here. I wish I could accept more credit for how it turned out, but I was just messing around, and this is what I got!

Anyway, needless to say, my instructor loved it (nearly the only thing he's even come close to liking of mine in the last year), and I'm anxiously waiting to see what kind of grade he gave me on it.

Here's the link for "Seven Years" by Norah Jones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXiRuSIXbns&feature=related







I wanted to see if I could recreate that a couple evenings later to get just a little better lighting, but nothing really turned out much from that. Did get this interesting one though... :)


2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures!!! They're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures and your model is so beautiful (and I am not just saying that because she's mine). You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete